SOAS Hans Rausling - http://www.hrelp.org/
DoBeS (Volkswagen Foundation) - http://dobes.mpi.nl/
Endangered Languages Fund - http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/
Foundation for Endangered Languages - http://www.ogmios.org/grants/index.php
The Explorer's Club - https://explorers.org/expeditions/funding/expedition_grants
The Firebird Fellowship - http://firebirdfellowships.org
- Administration for Native Americans (ANA), Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance.
- American Philosophical Society administers funding programs including:
- Chamiza Foundation, New Mexico USA, is dedicated to providing support to New Mexico’s Pueblo Indian Tribes to help insure the sustainability of Pueblo culture.
- Documenting Endangered Languages (DEL), National Science Foundation and the National Endowment of the Humanities.
- First Nations Development Institute is an American Indian institute that helps strengthen and revitalize the economies of Native American, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian communities. Indigenous languages are not one of the current priority areas.
- Jacobs Research Funds (JRF) funds projects involving fieldwork with living peoples that result in publication or other dissemination of information about the fieldwork. Priority is given to research on endangered cultures and languages, and to research on the Pacific Northwest.
- Lannan Indigenous Communities Program supports rural indigenous projects that are consistent with traditional values in the areas of education, Native cultures, the revival and preservation of languages, legal rights, and environmental protection. There is no submission date. The Funding Guidelines outline the process for submitting letters of inquiry.
- National Endowment for the Humanities manages a wide range of funding programs.
- National Geographic Society Young Explorers Grants offer funding to individuals ages 18 to 25 to pursue research, conservation, and exploration-related projects consistent with National Geographic's existing grant programs. In addition, the YEG program and the Luce Foundation provide increased funding opportunities for fieldwork in 18 Northeast and Southeast Asian countries. Pre-applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Native Voices Endowment: A Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Legacy Project has been created within the Endangered Language Fund for the purpose of revitalizing and perpetuating the aboriginal languages of the American Indian Nations whose ancestors encountered the 1803-1806 Lewis & Clark Expedition.
- Seventh Generation Fund is an Indigenous organization dedicated to promoting and maintaining the uniqueness of Native peoples and the sovereignty of our distinct Nations. Grants are offered across a range of programs and applications.
- Sociological Initiatives Foundation is dedicated to the belief that research and action are intrinsically inseparable. Projects should also have clear social change goals. SIF has funded projects in the area of language/literacy.
Approximate Funding Deadlines and Website Sources