Resources for Undergraduates & Coterms
- Course Planning Guide for the B.A. in Linguistics
- Course Planning Guide for the Minor in Linguistics
Undergraduate and Coterminal Masters students can apply for research funding from the department. Funds will be provided based on availability and need. Applications are typically processed within four weeks.
Please provide in a single document:
- A one sentence description of your research expense need.
- A list of other funding sources you have inquired about, explaining why you have been unable to find all the funding you need elsewhere.
- An itemized budget that adds to the total amount you are requesting (up to $650), listing your projected expenses and any other funding sources you expect to cover part of your needs.
- A one-paragraph explanation of the project or activity. If you are requesting funding for research with human subjects, you will need Stanford IRB approval and an active protocol number, as well as a CITI certificate of completion of required nonmedical research ethics training, before we can give you funding. Please consult with your advisor on IRB matters.
- A short message of support from a faculty mentor who endorses your proposal is also required. Faculty can send this message, along with your application document, to the Director of Finance and Operations.