Hopefully Massachusetts treats our linguists well with a nice fall breeze! A handful of Stanford linguists are presenting at the North East Linguistic Society's Annual Meeting (NELS 50) this weekend from October 25-27, taking place at MIT:
- Eva Portelance is presenting "Genuine Verb stranding VP-ellipsis in Lithuanian"
- Paul Kiparsky is an invited speaker, presenting "Linguistics then and now: The view from NELS"
- Alumna Stephanie Shih (Ph.D. '14) is an invited speaker, presenting "The contribution of sound symbolic evidence to lexically-conditioned phonology"
- Alumna Gillian Ramchand (Ph.D. '94) is an invited speaker, presenting "Concepts and Compositionality (Or, 'Escape from Alcatraz')"
- Alumnus Stefan Kaufmann (Ph.D. '02) and Magdalena Kaufmann are presenting "Talking about sources"
The agenda of the conference can be found on this link.