Look Who's Talking: Stanford Linguists at the LSA
Several current department members are participating in this year's hybrid LSA Annual Meeting in Washington DC:
- Ksenia Ershova, "Syntactic Head Movement and PF Spellout Collide: Nominal Predicates in West Circassian" (poster)
- Katherine Hilton, "Gender Bias in Perceiving Interruptions"
- Jiayi Lu and Nayoun Kim, "Maximizing Parallelism in the Processing of Gapping: Evidence from Argument Structure Mismatches" (poster)
In addition, alum Kristen Hanson (PhD 1991) is the co-organizer of a special session on "Linguistic Literary Forms", which includes some current department members:
- Ryan Heuser, Arto Anttila, and Paul Kiparsky, "Prose Rhythm and Antimetricality"
- Myfany Turpin and Nay San, "The Prosodic Word in Literary Traditions of Variable Line Length"