Next week from September 16 through 18, Stanford linguists and alumni will present their research at the Experiments in Linguistic Meaning (ELM) 2020 conference:
- Brandon Waldon and Judith Degen: Priming scalar inferences
- Leyla Kursat and Judith Degen: Probability and processing speed of scalar inferences is context-dependent (poster)
- Matthew Hunt and Eric Acton (alum): ‘How’s the wife?’: Pragmatic reasoning and social indexicality in spousal reference (poster)
- Anissa Zaitsu, Jad Wehbe, Valentine Hacquard and Jeffrey Lidz: Clause types and speech acts in speech to children (poster)
- Lelia Glass (alum): Verbs describing routines facilitate object omission (poster)
If you'd like to hear these talks, you can register for ELM 2020 for free here.